Successes since the foundation of Jangu e.V. 2009 and SINA 2014 in numbers:
Number of orphans who have gone through the sponsorship programm and are now standing on their own feet: 46
Number of orphans currently supported by educational sponsorships: 125
Number of students at Social Innovation Academy (SINA) in order to become social entrepreneurs: 60
Number of jobs created through SINA: 64
Number of people whose living conditions have improved due to people supported by Jangu and their social enterprises: 150.000+
Success stories of how it works in concrete terms and how former orphans have become independent and successful young personalities can be found here.
Our innovative and unique educational concept at SINA had been nominated for the HIVOS Social Innovation Award and Etienne Salborn was invited to Amsterdam in order to present the project.
In Uganda Jangu e.V. and SINA were invited in 2014 to introduce the project to the Ugandan president H.E. Yoweri Museveni.
A few months later Etienne Salborn, the founder of Jangu e.V. and SINA, was invited to the celebration of the German Federal President at Castle Bellevue, where he was able to meet Joachim Gauck in person and in 2016 President Steinmaier.
Jangu e.V. sponsored youth have been recognized through a large variety of Ugandan and international awards, recognitions and news features. These include:
- CeBit, Hanover, Germany.
- Google Launchpad Start, Kenya.
- AMPION Fellowship, Germany.
- Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP), Nigeria.
- Global Changemakers Summit, Switzerland.
- Startup Venture Bus, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda.
- The Pollination Project, USA.
- UNICEF’s Voices of Youth, Global.
- F-LANE -Vodafone Institute Accelerator for Female Empowerment, Germany.
- Startup Cup Winner, Africa-wide.
- GoodFestival, Switzerland.
- MTV Staying Alive Award Winner, UK.
- Social Impact Award Winner by appsafrica, South Africa
- Panalist on the Girls Gearing Up International Leadership Program, Germany.
- ECOZONE, Urban TV Uganda.
- Queen’s Young Leader’s Award Winner, by Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II., UK
- Lioness of Africa
- deutschlandradio, Germany
- African Women Award Winner, Zimbabwe
- Echoing Green Fellow, New York, USA
- iCon Magazine
- Ashoka Changemaker
- appsafrica Award nomination for Women in Tech
- Westerwelle Foundation Young Founders
- Laureate Global Fellow, YouthActionNet
- The Road to Nairobi, Building Bridges Foundation
- Uganda’s President H.E. Yoweri Museveni
- Urban TV, Uganda
- deutschland.de, Germany
- Der Tagesspiegel, Berlin, Germany.
- ideaTV, Uganda